SAINT ANN'S HOSPITAL, TOTTENHAM
|Reference code(s)||: H32/SA|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: SAINT ANN'S HOSPITAL, TOTTENHAM|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 0.05 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Saint Ann's General Hospital x North Eastern Fever Hospital|
The North Eastern Fever Hospital was opened by the Metropolitan Asylums Board on 8 October 1892 to treat patients suffering from fever and diphtheria. It was situated in Saint Ann's Road, South Tottenham, London N15. In 1930 the London County Council took over the running of the hospital from the Metropolitan Asylums Board. In 1948 it became part of the National Health Service under the control of the North East Metropolitan Regional Hospital Board and Tottenham Hospital Management Committee. The hospital was renamed Saint Ann's General Hospital in 1949 or 1950. From 1982 it was the responsibility of Haringey Health Authority. It is now part of the Haringey NHS services.
Scope and content/abstract:
Medical Superintendent's monthly report book, Saint Ann's Hospital, Tottenham, 1931-1934.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
These records are arranged according to a classification scheme for hospital records: General Hospital Administration (A), Patients' Administration (B), Finance Office (D), Endowments (E), Related Documentation (Y) and Prints and Photographs (PH).
Conditions governing access:
These records are open to public inspection, although under section 5(4) of the 1958 Public Records Act administrative records are closed for 30 years and patient records for 100 years.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
For records relating to the administration of the hospital 1892-1930 see the archives of the Metropolitan Asylums Board, including minutes of the North Eastern Hospital Sub-Committee 1892-1930 (ref.: MAB 994-1012), papers concerning the purchase of land at Tottenham 1901 and 1919 (ref: MAB 2409) and a report on the cubicle system of isolation 1908 (ref: MAB 2410).
For records of the administration of the hospital 1930-1948 see the records of the London County Council, especially minutes of the North Eastern Hospital Sub-Committee 1930-1948 (ref: LCC/MIN/2570-2572), papers on the reception of typhus cases 1941-1942 (ref: LCC/PH/HOSP/3/62), papers on the treatment of tuberculosis 1943-1946 (ref: LCC/PH/GEN/4/198), and a survey and plan of the hospital buildings 1929-1930 (ref: LCC/AR/CB/3/3). The archives of King Edward's Hospital Fund for London include reports on Saint Ann's Hospital 1950-1968 (ref: A/KE/735/51, A/KE/738/70).
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"