BUSHEY MATERNITY HOSPITAL
|Reference code(s)||: H16/BM|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: BUSHEY MATERNITY HOSPITAL|
|Level of description||: subfonds
View parent record
|Extent||: 3.97 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Bushey Maternity Hospital x Middlesex County Maternity Hospital | 1938-1948|
In 1937 Middlesex County Council acquired a newly built private clinic in Heathbourne Road, Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire to be used as a maternity hospital. It opened on 1 January 1938 with 48 beds as Middlesex County Maternity Hospital. It was administered from Redhill County Hospital, now Edgware General Hospital. In 1948 it became part of the National Health Service as one of the Hendon Group of hospitals of the North West Metropolitan Regional Hospital Board. The name of the hospital was changed to Bushey Maternity Hospital. The hospital closed in 1977.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the Bushey Maternity Hospital, Hertfordshire, comprising admission and discharge registers, 1938-1939 and 1946; registers of confinements, 1945-1959; maternity case books, 1939-1958 and case books for women who were admitted to hospital during pregnancy but were discharged before delivery or who were admitted to hospital for treatment after childbirth, 1938-1959.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
These records are arranged according to a classification scheme for hospital records: General Hospital Administration (A), Patients' Administration (B), Finance Office (D), Endowments (E), Related Documentation (Y) and Prints and Photographs (PH).
Conditions governing access:
These records are open to public inspection, although under section 5(4) of the 1958 Public Records Act administrative records are closed for 30 years and patient records for 100 years.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of Bushey Maternity Hospital, formerly Middlesex County Maternity Hospital, transferred to the Greater London Record Office by the Patients Services Officer, Edgware General Hospital, Barnet Health Authority, 27 August 1986 (Acc 2314).
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"