GOLDEN LANE SUNDAY SCHOOL
|Reference code(s)||: N/M/017-1|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: GOLDEN LANE SUNDAY SCHOOL|
|Level of description||: Collection
View parent record
|Extent||: 0.2 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church|
A Sunday School was established in 1798 at 74 Golden Lane, off the south side of Old Street, and in 1819 moved to Radnor Street, off the north side of Old Street in Islington. The Sunday School was situated near to the City Road Chapel and belonged to the Circuit run from that Chapel. It was the first Methodist Sunday School in London. In 1837 a Day School was also opened at the Radnor Street site. The Day Schools were closed 29 May 1903.
Scope and content/abstract:
Account of proceedings [log book], 1798-1818.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
N/M/017/1-4: Golden Lane Sunday School; N/M/017/5-52: Radnor Street Sunday School.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
January to March 2009
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"