SAINT ANDREW, PARK WALK: PARK WALK, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 P74/AND|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: SAINT ANDREW, PARK WALK: PARK WALK, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 1.05 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Parish of St Andrew, Chelsea | Church of England|
Park Chapel, Chelsea, was constructed some time between 1718 and 1724 as a chapel of ease to the over-subscribed parish church of Chelsea (known as the Old Church), which was suffering from a lack of space and could not hold half of the population of the parish. Park Chapel was renamed Emmanuel Chapel in 1906 but was demolished in 1912. In 1913 the chapel was rebuilt and renamed Saint Andrew's Church. In 1973 the parish was united with that of Saint John's, World's End, and served by Saint John's church.
Information from 'Religious history: Church extension', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 12: Chelsea (2004), pp. 250-258.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Andrew, Park Walk, Chelsea, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage and church services; orders of service; papers relating to Park Chapel, Chelsea including photographs; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; financial statements; correspondence and parish magazines.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
P47/AND/001-013: Parish Registers; P47/AND/014-049: Other Parish Records.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records accessioned on 13 July 1992.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"