ALL SAINTS, CLAPTON PARK: BLURTON ROAD, HACKNEY
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 P79/ALL|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: ALL SAINTS, CLAPTON PARK: BLURTON ROAD, HACKNEY|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 2.39 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Parish of All Saints, Clapton Park | Church of England|
The site of the church, on the north side of Elderfield Road, was bought by Charles Jacomb in 1868. A temporary iron church was built at first, capable of seating 500. Half the costs of a permanent church were borne by Jacomb himself. A district was formed from part of the parish of Saint John in 1873, the patron being the rector of Saint John. A mission in an iron church waas operating by 1881. This was later called The Good Shepherd Mission, which was closed in 1919. The parish was united with Saint John, Saint James and All Souls in 1972. The building was demolished in 1973 and replaced by flats.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Saints, Clapton Park, comprising registers of baptisms, marriages, banns, and confirmations; and registers of church services, preachers, readers and collections.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Rector of St John-at-Hackney in the Greater London Record Office, 4 August 1972; with another accession in July 1985.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"