SAINT JOHN THE EVANGELIST, WEMBLEY: CRAWFORD AVENUE, BRENT
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 DRO/048|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: SAINT JOHN THE EVANGELIST, WEMBLEY: CRAWFORD AVENUE, BRENT|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 3.98 linear metres (151 documents).|
|Name of creator(s)||: Parish of St John the Evangelist, Wembley | Church of England|
The church of Saint John the Evangelist was built between 1843 and 1846 to serve the southern part of Harrow parish. The land and money for the construction of the church was provided by sisters Anne and Frances Copland of Sudbury Lodge. The church building was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott in a Gothic style. The church was given a separate parish in 1846, and the living was made a vicarage in 1872. The advowson is exercised by trustees.
From: 'Harrow, including Pinner : Modern churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 257-260. Available online.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint John the Evangelist, Wembley, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, confirmations, banns of marriage and church services; visitors books; papers relating to parish boundaries; papers relating to the benefice; papers relating to the maintenance of the church, churchyard and church halls; financial records; Vestry minutes; Parochial Church Council minutes; and correspondence.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: DRO/048-1: Parish Records.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the vicar in the Greater London Record Office [now LMA] on 13 October 1981; with a further accession in 1997.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"