SAINT MATTHEW, WILLESDEN: SAINT MARY'S ROAD, BRENT
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 DRO/097|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: SAINT MATTHEW, WILLESDEN: SAINT MARY'S ROAD, BRENT|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 2.9 linear metres (129 documents).|
|Name of creator(s)||: Parish of St Matthew, Willesden | Church of England|
1894: London Diocesan Home Missions Committee appoints Rev George H Newton missioner for future parish of St Matthew's.
1895: Iron mission church completed on future church site, corner of St Mary's Road and St John's Avenue.
1900: Contract signed for building of permanent church.
1901-1906: Building of St Matthew's Church, designed by William Douglas Caroe, architect to Ecclesiastical Commissioners.
1902: Order in Council creating parish of St Matthew out of parishes of St Mary Willesden and All Souls Harlesden.
1910: Foundation stone of parish hall laid.
1940: Parish hall destroyed by bombing.
1952: Parish hall reopens after rebuilding.
1970: Rural deanery of Brent (including St Matthew) transferred from Archdeaconry of Hampstead to new Archdeaconry of Northolt.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Matthew, Willesden, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations, preachers and church services; orders of service, service programmes, and hymn sheets; papers relating to the creation of the parish; papers relating to the construction of the church; papers relating to the maintenance of church buildings and fittings, including faculties and inventories; papers relating to the church hall; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; Church Building Committee minutes; financial accounts; papers of church societies and clubs; parish magazines, yearbooks and other special publications; newspaper cuttings; and papers of the ecumenical council.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
DRO/097/001-044, 127-129: Parish Registers; DRO/097/045-126: Other Parish Records.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in four accessions; in April 1994, September 1996, January 1998 and August 2000.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"