AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area

SAINT JOHN THE EVANGELIST, FINSBURY PARK: GLOUCESTER DRIVE, HACKNEY

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P94/JNE
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection
Full title: SAINT JOHN THE EVANGELIST, FINSBURY PARK: GLOUCESTER DRIVE, HACKNEY
Date(s): 1856-1982
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.66 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St John the Evangelist, Finsbury Park | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

This district was formed from the parish of Saint Mary, Hornsey, and was originally known as Saint John, South Hornsey. The church was consecrated in 1874 and became known as Saint John the Evangelist, Brownswood Park. The name was changed to Saint John the Evangelist, Finsbury Park some time after 1955 in order to more accurately reflect the location of the church.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint John the Evangelist, Gloucester Drive, Finsbury Park, including registers of baptisms and marriages; registers of church services; papers relating to parish boundaries; records relating to the maintenance of the church fabric; financial accounts; minutes of the Vestry and the Parochial Church Council, and parish magazines.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Parish records deposited by the incumbent on 21 March 1990.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"