AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area

SAINT COLOMB, NOTTING HILL: LANCASTER ROAD, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P84/COL
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection
Full title: SAINT COLOMB, NOTTING HILL: LANCASTER ROAD, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA
Date(s): 1898-1951
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.58 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Colomb, Notting Hill | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

A mission church dedicated to Saint Columb was built in 1888 in the parish of All Saints. It was designed by Edgar P. Lotho Brock at a cost of 1,400. After the present building was erected in 1901, the earlier church became the parish hall and was eventually demolished in 1970. The architect of the new building was C. Hodgson Fowler of Durham, and it was consecrated on 15 June 1901, providing space for 668.

In 1951 half of Saint Columb's parish was united with Saint Michael's Ladbroke Grove; and the other half with All Saints, Notting Hill, as All Saints with Saint Columb. The church was then closed and was later given over for the use of the Serbian Church of Saint Sava.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of Saint Colomb, Notting Hill, comprising registers of baptisms, registers of marriages and a register of confirmations.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in June 1970.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

See Buildings of England Volume 2 (Pevsner), LMA Library reference 67.0 1952.

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"