HOLY TRINITY, MARYLEBONE ROAD: MARYLEBONE ROAD, WESTMINSTER
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 P89/TRI|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: HOLY TRINITY, MARYLEBONE ROAD: MARYLEBONE ROAD, WESTMINSTER|
|Date(s)||: 1828 - 1983|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 5.16 linear metres.|
|Name of creator(s)||: Parish of Holy Trinity, Marylebone | Church of England|
The parish of Holy Trinity was created from the parish of Saint Marylebone, Marylebone Road. Sir John Soane R.A. was the architect of this church, built in 1826-1827 in a Grecian architectural style. It was consecrated 31 May 1828. Having fallen into disuse by the 1930s it became a store in 1936 for Penguin Books. Penguin moved out in 1937 and the church was adapted as the headquarters of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge [SPCK] where they remained until 2006. The church stands on a traffic island with Marylebone Road to the front and Albany Street and Osnaburgh Street to the sides.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Marylebone Road, including registers of baptisms, banns, marriages and burials; financial accounts; papers relating to poor relief; legal documents relating to parish property and parish magazines.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the Rector of St. Marylebone in the London County Record Office, on 12 June 1959. Records P89/TRI/89-146 deposited by Arthur E. Barker, Archivist and Librarian of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, Holy Trinity Church, at the Greater London Record Office on 20 October 1981. Further records deposited in 2010.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"