OFFICE OF BUILDING AND WORKS
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 ACC/1748|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: OFFICE OF BUILDING AND WORKS|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 0.01 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Office of Works and Public Buildings|
The Longford River is an artificial waterway constructed in 1638 to serve Hampton Court Palace. It draws water from the River Colne at Longford, and reaches the Thames above Teddington Lock.
Scope and content/abstract:
Printed memorandum from Office of Works and Public Buildings about the Longford River, brought from Colne to supply Hampton Court Palace, including maps.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in May 1982.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
June to August 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"