|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 ACC/3391|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: RUISLIP ENCLOSURE|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 0.09 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Unknown.|
According to the History of the County of Middlesex: "3,000 acres of the parish were inclosed in 1804. Openfield land lying between Eastcote Road and the Northolt boundary made up the bulk of this, but further areas of common land to the north-east of Park and Copse woods were also included".
From: 'Ruislip: Introduction', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 127-134. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22442&strquery=inclos Date accessed: 12 August 2010.
Scope and content/abstract:
A 1902 copy of the 1806 Ruislip enclosure map.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in June 1994.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
June to August 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"