ARCHBISHOP TAIT'S INFANTS SCHOOL
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 A/LPI|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: ARCHBISHOP TAIT'S INFANTS SCHOOL|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: 0.22 linear metres|
|Name of creator(s)||: Archbishop Tait's Infants School x Saint Mary's Infants School | Lambeth|
Archbishop Tait's Infants School was named for Archibald Campbell Tait (1811-1882), Archbishop of Canterbury from 1869. It was situated at no 220 Lambeth Road, SE1. The school seems also to have been called Saint Mary's Infants School, and was associated with Archbishop Tenison's School for Girls.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records, 1879-1928, of Archbishop Tait's Infants School, relating to administration and finance, and comprising conveyance from the Most Rev Archibald Campbell, Archbishop of Canterbury, to the Trustees of Tenison's School, of land attached to the Archiepiscopal residence in Lambeth, 1879, with an agreement between the National Society and the Trustees, 1880; minutes of the Committee of Management, 1883-1898, and Governors, 1898-1903; cash account books, 1901-1928; inventory of furniture etc in school mistress's residence, Lambeth Road, 1888.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: A/LPI-1: Administration and Finance.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the Governors of Archbishop Temple School in the London County Record Office in 1964.
London Metropolitan Archives also holds records relating to Archbishop Tait's Infants School with those of two other Lambeth parish schools (Archbishop Temple's Boys School and Archbishop Tenison's Girls School) (Ref: A/LPS), and an Inner London Education Authority file on the closure of Archbishop Tait's School, 1949-1966 (Ref: ILEA/S/SB/23/02/003).
The Church of England Record Centre holds records of Archbishop Tait's Infants School, 1875-1967 (Ref: NS/SR22).
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
June to August 2010.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"