UNION LIGHTERAGE COMPANY
|Reference code(s)||: GB 0074 CLC/B/227-187|
|Held at||: London Metropolitan Archives - click here to see details of the physical location of collection|
|Full title||: UNION LIGHTERAGE COMPANY|
|Level of description||: Collection|
|Extent||: Two production units.|
|Name of creator(s)||: Union Lighterage Co Ltd|
The Union Lighterage Company Limited was founded in 1876 and is listed in London directories at 16/17 Philpot Lane, EC from 1876-1962 and then at Beagle House, Leman Street E1 from 1963-71.
Lighters were flat-bottomed barges used for the shipment or unloading of cargo.
Scope and content/abstract:
Director's minute books for Union Lighterage Company Limited.
Access & Use
Language/scripts of material:
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Bought by Guildhall Library in 1995. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
It is not known whether other records have survived.
Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions:
January to May 2011.
Related Subject Search
* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"
Related Corporate Name Search
* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"
Related Placename Search
* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"